I don't believe in marriage. So what?

Yesterday a close friend got married. This morning I posted something like "just witnessed a friend got married. I'm not affected. I pity those who do it" on my Facebook profile. Okay, I'm not really sorry for my friend, I'm very happy for her. I just hated those people who keep bugging me "O kelan kayo?", "When are you guys going to be hitched?" and things like that. You see, I've been with my partner for almost 8 years now, had 2 kids and still not married. It's not that I never dreamed of getting hooked. I guess I just grew out of dreaming it. A reason why I'm still "legally single" in spite of everything? I DON'T BELIEVE IN MARRIAGE!!! (Well, I have many things that I don't believe in to, but that's another story) I don't believe that being married will give you that happy ever after feeling and I definitely don't agree with sticking into a relationship even if you aren't happy anymore. Yes, I'm one of those who believe that marriage is just a piece of paper. A piece of paper that you can shit into. A piece of paper that can be burned, soaked, and ripped. Another thing is I really can't imagine spending a lifetime with someone. I'm not even sure if I will feel the same with my partner 3 or four years from now. Life is full of surprises. I don't want to tie myself on someone and be surprised later. I want freedom when I want it.


Oh, and don't worry about my partner figuring out that I'm not really sure about him. He never cross this way. ;)


Digg!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!
This is a dofollow blog. Please make comments that are related to the post. Comments are ALWAYS moderated. No spamming will be tolerated.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin