I Just Love Books

Aside from blogging, my usual activities consist of cooking, doing the laundry (yes, I love it!) and reading. Books, for me, is one of life's greatest pleasures. I read everyday. I can last a month without new clothes but not without new books. I sleep with a book under my pillow. I love watching my heap grow.

I raid book sales and online book sellers for dirt-cheap books that I can take pride of (price and title: I'm a winner!) But occasionally, I buy from National Bookstore, Powerbooks and just recently, Amazon.com. I have been very well monitored by my housemates regarding my purchases, even if they doesn't speak up, I just know. I'm thankful that they don't ask me why I can't give my share for the expenses but can still purchase pouches and pouches of books.

Well, all I can say is, I'm addicted. I don't know what to do when I don't read. I can't even sacrifice my reading habits for a Farmville harvest (maybe that is the reason why I quit every Fb game I play). I breath, eat, drink, laugh, cry and love books!

I want to share some of the best books I've read:

1. Stargirl
2. The Hunger Games/ Catching Fire
3. Harry Potter Series
4. The Cider House Rules
5. Angela's Ashes
6. Memoirs of a Geisha
7. Running With Scissors
8. The Tillerman Family Series
9. Holy Fools
10.A Thousand Splendid Suns

The Not-So-Greats:

1. The Twilight Series (I sold my whole set after, not worthy of re-reading)
2. Felicia's Journey
3. The Wedding

To-Be-Read Pile:

1. The Scarlet Letter
2. Jayne Eyre
3. Coraline
4. Like Water For Chocolates
5. 'Tis

....and many many more.

Huh. I don't know what to do. Too many books to read. Millions of books out there waiting for me! lol. Maybe if I'll read just a tenth of all the books in the world, I'll die happy....and mind you, very very wise even!

Digg!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!
This is a dofollow blog. Please make comments that are related to the post. Comments are ALWAYS moderated. No spamming will be tolerated.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin